Fines Victoria

Primary content

Civic Compliance Victoria®

Civic Compliance Victoria® (CCV®) acts on behalf of the Victorian Government to process and manage fines.

CCV® look after various stages of the infringement process. They:

  • send infringement notices (fines) on behalf of some issuing agencies
  • process enforcement orders and infringement warrants issued by the Infringements Court
  • collect fine payments
  • help you resolve your fines by offering the information you may need (e.g. through this website, the call centre and over the counter).

Some of the fines CCV® manage are:

  • speeding and red light fines
  • tolling fines
  • unregistered vehicle fines
  • marine safety fines
  • gambling and liquor related fines.

In some cases, you can only deal with your fine through the agency that issued it, e.g. if you have a fine at the Infringement Notice or Penalty Reminder Notice stage for a:

  • public transport fine
  • fine issued by a local council.

For these types of fines, this site can only take payments or applications if your fine has reached the enforcement order stage.

If you’re unsure how to deal with your fine, refer to the options available on your fine, or contact the agency that issued it.

For more details about the options available for public transport fines, visit the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources website.

The Infringements Court

The Infringements Court is part of the Magistrates' Court. It deals with the processing and enforcement of unpaid fines.

The Infringements Court:

  • issues notices and infringement warrants to enforce unpaid fines
  • assesses applications for revocation (application to have an enforcement order cancelled) and payment instalments at the enforcement stage (also known as payment orders).

The Infringements Court is unlike other courts, it doesn’t conduct hearings to make decisions. Instead, applications are reviewed by infringements registrars.

The Sheriff and Sheriff’s officers

The Sheriff is an officer of the Supreme Court of Victoria, responsible for enforcing warrants for both civil and criminal offences received from all Victorian and interstate courts. This includes warrants for:

  • unpaid enforcement orders
  • unpaid fines imposed by a magistrate following an appearance in court.

If a fine remains unpaid, the Sheriff is responsible for enforcing a warrant issued against you. If you have an outstanding infringement warrant, they can:

  • seize and sell your property
  • issue a seven day notice
  • direct VicRoads to suspend your driver licence or suspend or prevent renewal of your vehicle registration
  • wheel clamp your car
  • arrest you.

Find out more about what happens if you don’t deal with your fines.

Visit the Department of Justice and Regulation to learn more about the Sheriff.

Return to the top