Fines Victoria

Primary content

If you have just found out about some traffic (including certain littering and waste offences) or tolling fines within the last 14 days, you may be eligible for an infringement extension.

You must make your application within 14 days of becoming aware of your fines. By law your application must include a correctly completed statutory declaration or affidavit. If this is not provided your application cannot be processed.

You can get a statutory declaration template to support your application from Find a form.

If granted, an infringement extension gives you an additional 28 days to deal with your fines with the options available at infringement stage. This means you can nominate the responsible driver, submit a request to have the matter heard in court or apply for an internal review.

If your fine is still at infringement stage, visit the infringement notice page on this site to see the options available to you for dealing with your fine.

  • What fines are eligible?
  • What fines are not eligible?
  • Who can apply?
  • What do I need to include in my application?
  • How can I submit my application?
  • What happens after I apply?
  • What happens if my application is granted?
  • What happens if my application is refused?
  • Help and assistance


Return to the top