Fines Victoria

Primary content

If you need help to manage your fines, you can authorise another person to help you.
You can choose the fines you would like the person to be authorised for and how long you would like the authorisation to last.
What your authorised person can do on your behalf

You can choose the level of authorisation you would like your authorised person to have. 

Authority to Act (also known as Full Authorisation)
A person with authority to act can:

Make sure your authorised person is aware of what they can and cannot do on your behalf.

Authority to Communicate (also known as Limited Authorisation)
A person with authority to communicate can:

  • make enquiries on your behalf
  • discuss your fines with us
  • view photos of the offence. 
What the authorised person cannot do

The authorised person can only act on the fines that you specify. You can choose to provide authority for all your fines or specific fines. If you choose specific fines this may mean that they cannot take action on your other outstanding fines.

Also, the authorised person cannot:

  • submit nomination statements on your behalf
  • request a court hearing on your behalf.
Who you can authorise

Your authorised person must be over 18 years of age.

You do not need to submit a request to authorise another person if:

  • the person acting on your behalf is your lawyer
  • the person is your official power of attorney, which is current and covers making decisions in relation to infringement matters.
What happens after you request to authorise another person

It may take up to 14 days for your request to be processed. We will call you or send you a letter if there are any issues with your request.

To cancel an authority for any reason, call Fines Victoria on (03) 9200 8111 or 1300 369 819 (for regional callers).



If you cannot request this online

If you cannot complete your request online, you can:

  • call (03) 9200 8111 or 1300 369 819 (for regional callers)
  • download the Third Party Authorisation form (PDF), print it and follow the steps on the form.



Return to the top