Have you received a Notice of Final Demand for a failure to vote fine?
Published on 10 Oct 2023
Fines Victoria has begun issuing Notices of Final Demand for fines registered with us by the Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) for failure to vote in the Victorian State Government election in November 2022.
You have received a Notice of Final Demand because you didn’t take action to resolve your fine with VEC by the due date.
Your options include:
- paying the fine
- applying for a payment extension
- applying to pay by instalments
- requesting a review if you believe the fine was unfairly issued or there is a valid reason why it should be reviewed. We cannot grant a review on the ground of Person Unaware if you did not update your authorised address within 14 days of moving house
- applying for a Work and Development permit, if eligible
- applying for the Family Violence Scheme, if eligible.
For information on failure to vote fines and steps taken by VEC to contact you before registering the fine with us, visit the Victorian Electoral Commission website.