Fines Victoria

Primary content

What can your nominee do on your behalf?

You can choose the level of authorisation you'd like your nominee to have, e.g. you can choose to give them limited authorisation or full authorisation.

You can also choose the fines you would like the authorised person to have access to and how long you'd like the authorisation to last. An authorisation can be valid for a maximum of five years, after which you can request to renew it.

Limited authorisation

A nominee with limited authorisation can:

  • make enquiries for you
  • discuss your fines for you.
Full authorisation

A nominee with full authorisation can discuss your fines, plus assist you by:

Make sure your nominee is aware of what they can and cannot do on your behalf.

What can't you authorise another person to do for you?

Another person cannot:

  • submit nomination statements on your behalf
  • request a court hearing on your behalf.

Who can you authorise?

Your nominee must be over 18 years of age.

You don’t need to authorise another person if:

  • the person acting on your behalf is your lawyer
  • you have a power of attorney, which is current and covers making decisions in relation to infringement matters.

What happens after you apply?

It may take up to 10 days for your application to be processed. You’ll be notified in the mail if there are any issues with your application.

To cancel this authority, call Fines Victoria on (03) 9200 8111 or 1300 369 819 (for regional callers).


Return to the top