Fines Victoria

Primary content

If you need legal or financial assistance a number of organisations can help.

Alternatively, you can contact your lawyer.

Note: These services may assess you for eligibility.

  • Legal advice

    Victoria Legal Aid (VLA)

    The VLA offers a legal information service, in English and other languages. VLA's head office is located in Melbourne’s CBD, there are also a number of suburban and regional offices.

    Visit Victoria Legal Aid for more information.

    Federation of Community Legal Centres

    The Federation of Community Legal Centres is the peak body for 50 community legal centres (CLCs) in Victoria that provide free legal help to clients facing economic and social disadvantage. CLCs are independent community organisations that provide free legal information, initial advice and in some cases, ongoing assistance.

    Visit the Federation of Community Legal Centres for more information.

    Justice Connect Homeless Law

    Justice Connect Homeless Law helps people experiencing or at risk of homelessness with infringements and fines that are directly related to their homelessness.  

    Visit Justice Connect Homeless Law for more information about this service.

    Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service Centre (VALS)

    VALS offers legal aid and assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. VALS head office is in Melbourne and there are seven regional offices in:

    • Bairnsdale
    • Heywood
    • Mildura
    • Morwell
    • Shepparton
    • Swan Hill.

    Visit the Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service Centre for more information


    YouthLaw offer free legal advice, information and casework to people 25 years and younger.

    Visit YouthLaw for more information.

  • Financial advice

    Consumer Affairs Victoria

    Financial counsellors offer advice about your financial situation, the options you have, and the consequences of those options. They can also assist you with any outstanding infringement matters. There are free financial counsellors in most metropolitan and regional areas.

    Visit Consumer Affairs Victoria for more information.


    MoneyHelp offers free, confidential financial advice. You can get practical information including a simple budget planner, debt payment options, how to approach creditors, and handy tips and tools to help you sort out your money.

    Visit MoneyHelp for more information.

Return to the top