Apply to have your Enforcement Order cancelled

If you've received an Enforcement Order Notice, a Warning Infringement Warrant Pending or a Sheriff Notice, you can apply to have the Enforcement Order cancelled (this is called a revocation).

Please Note:

If you've received an Infringement Notice or Penalty Reminder Notice, but haven't received an Enforcement Order Notice, you can still apply to the agency that issued your fine for an Internal Review

Who can apply?

Anyone can apply for a revocation, unless:

  • your property has been seized
  • you've been arrested on this matter
  • the warrant was not issued by the Infringements Court
  • the Enforcement Order Notice has been issued for an  excessive speed, drink-driving, drug-driving offence (different rules apply for these offences). 

How to apply?

There are two types of revocation forms. Download and print the form relevant to your situation:


Complete the form and attach relevant evidence or documents.

Follow the instructions in the form, complete all relevant sections, provide as much information as possible to support your claim and attach supporting documentation to your application.


You can submit your application by mail or in person. 

By Mail

The Infringements Registrar
Infringements Court
PO Box 14487
Melbourne 8001

In person:
In Person

Civic Compliance Victoria®
Ground Floor, 277 William St
Melbourne 3001

(between the hours of 8am-6pm, Monday-Friday, except public holidays)

What happens next?

If your application is granted

The Infringements Court will cancel the Enforcement Order and notify you in writing.

The Infringements Court will also inform the issuing agency. The issuing agency then has 21 days to advise if it also wants to withdraw the Infringement Notice.

If the issuing agency does not withdraw the Infringement Notice, your matter will be referred to the Magistrates' Court for hearing. The Magistrates' Court will notify you and the issuing agency of the time, date and place for your court hearing. 


If your application is refused

The Infringements Court will notify you in writing. The letter will tell you how much you need to pay and when you need to pay it by.

You still have the right to object. To do this, you must apply to have the objection heard in the Magistrates' Court within the required timeframes.

If the Magistrates' Court refuses your objection it will refer the matter back to the Infringements Court for enforcement. If the Magistrates' Court grants the objection, it can then hear the original matter of the infringement offence and either find you guilty (and sentence you) or find you not guilty.

If you have new evidence to support your application, you can apply for a second revocation.

To apply for a revocation after that, you must obtain leave from a Magistrate. You then need to attend the Infringements Court  and advise them of your intention. They will explain the process and provide you with the relevant documentation. You will need to take this documentation to the Magistrates' Court.


Need help with your application?

This instructional video shows how to complete the Application for a Revocation - General.

The video is also available in Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Turkish and Vietnamese.


This instructional video shows how to complete the Application for a Revocation - Special Circumstances.

The video is also available in Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Turkish and Vietnamese.


If you have any questions about an Enforcement Order, contact Civic Compliance Victoria® on 03 9200 8222 or 1800 150 410 (regional callers) between 8am and 9pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.